Thursday, February 4, 2010

2010 "We Are the World" Remake for Haiti




Very recently, the world famous song for unity and aid, "We Are The World" was remade 25 years later to raise for the tragedy that occurred in Haiti over two weeks ago. I would be lying if I said this wasn't isn't extremely ironic that that the 25th anniversary is marked with the earthquake.

Even though it was missing some of the most popular celebrities like Beyonce', Lady Gaga, and a host of other widely popular celebs, I am still amazed and proud at how serious celebrities are taking what happened in Haiti. The philanthropy and the love they are showing is very inspiring.

Check out a few picture of some of the many celebrities giving the gift of their voice and recording the remake of that special song. I am really anticipating to hear the new version because the song still gives me chills whenever I hear it.


Fabulous Brown Girls Jennifer Hudson and Jordin Sparks

Wyclef, Natalie Cole, Kanye West

Lionel Richie and Quincy Jones.. major producers of the Original "We are the World" as well as the 2010 remake.
Jamie Foxx


Lionel Richie, Wyclef, Lil Wayne

Then


Now

Until the new version is released, check out the original made in 1984. I bet you can't tell me this song doesn't do something to you! My father purchased the original record and I plan on purchasing the new version.


1 comment:

  1. OOoooohhh so excited for the new version to be released. I use to loooooove that song. I swear my great grandma hated it because I sang it so much.

    ReplyDelete