Tuesday, February 2, 2010

BET Honors: This is What Extraordinary Looks Like


So last night BET outdid themselves with this year's broadcast of their 3rd annual BET Honors which took place in Washington, DC. The BET Honors recognized the achievements of fellow Howard Bison, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Queen Latifah, Dr. Keith Black, Dr. Ruth J. Simmons, and Whitney Houston.



Hosted by FBG Gabriel Union, several artists performed to honor them musically with uplifting songs to show them their love and appreciation.

My favorite tributes were Diddy's with Mary J Blige showing love to her "big brother" with a lot of hits they made together; as well as, Kim Burrell and Jennifer Hudson's tribute to Whitney Houston. Those ladies sang their hearts out to Whitney who was not afraid to "show" her gratitude for them while they performed. I didn't mind Whitney's antics because she made it clear, its better to be judged by your triumphs than by your flaws... Only if everyone thought like that!



Check out the tear jerking tribute Kim Burrell performed with her rendition of "I Believe in You and Me". This rendition encompasses how Fabulous Brown Girls everywhere should feel about one another. Thank You Kim and Whitney for that moment and thank you BET. We needed that.

4 comments:

  1. I loved the show! I was especially happy for Whitney. She has been through so much but she is so much wiser and stronger because of it. I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a BET fan so I rarely turn it on, but the show was AWESOME. Jennifer is about the only singer of today that can pull off that song. I missed Queen Latifah and Dr. Keith Black's tributes but I was totally impressed with the parts I did see. BET really needs to do more quality programming like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with both of you! Whitney deserves all the tributes that come her way! Her talent is amazing and her spirit inspires a lot of women who have overcome so many adversities.

    Jennifer Hudson is looking fab and I'm glad she is back in full force!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't planned to watch it at all, but I've heard so many rave reviews about the show that I've set it to record on the drv and will have to go backand see that BET has finally put on a worthwhile Honors show.

    ReplyDelete