Thursday, January 7, 2010

Visualize Your Dreams and Never Give Up On Them!


I just want to share something that has been on my mind with all of you Fabulous Brown Girls. It is something you hear so many times, that you sometimes become numb to it . The adage
NEVER GIVE UP ON YOUR DREAMS!

Yes, I know it is said all the time, but I just feel like I should reiterate it because it is the plain and simple TRUTH!

I have seen many of my friends and family reach goals that were merely ideas years ago! A lot of us now have our degrees, are obtaining masters and PhD's, are in medical schools, law schools, working for various Fortune 500 companies, launching our own businesses, and buying homes and real estate! All because we had a VISION for our lives and set goals to reach them!

I am a HUGE proponent of writing down your goals and making them HIGHLY visual. An example of this is through a vision board, which is simply a poster that has visual images and phrases of the goals you wish to obtain. Because I am a PowerPoint connoisseur I made a PowerPoint slide show as my vision board instead of a poster board when I came up with the idea of FABULOUS BROWN GIRL, and when I recently looked back over it not too long ago, I can honestly say, and i mean HONESTLY, that all of the goals surrounding my blog FBG have been met or are currently underway!!

I had an idea that came to my mind, which then turned into a goal, as well as a passion. I took the time to craft out specific details about this goal and made a visually appealing map of sorts to look at and remind myself of where I want to be and how I want to get there! I definitely intend on doing the same thing for the other passions and future goals that I have in my life!

Don't let anyone deter you or tell you when and how your goal needs to happen because everyone is different and what they may not have the ability to do, you may very well be able to succeed at the highest level.

So Fabulous Brown Girls, whatever your passion is, what ever you see your self in a certain amount of time doing.. write it down and visualize the process it will take to get there and don't neglect to ask for help or a mentor (which I strongly believe all of us should have at least one at this stage) Don't let go of your dream and I promise you will be FABULOUS!

5 comments:

  1. Doing a PowerPoint instead of an actual poster is a great idea. I visualize but have never done a vision board because 1) I've never had any place to hang it and 2) I've found it to be a hassle to cut and paste images.

    I'm putting this on my to do list for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my vision board in a power point running on my digital photo frame. I can say that with every board I do, I accomplish what's on it, sometimes surprisingly fast. Getting the goals out of your head and in front of you make a world of difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brandi yay! I am glad you are going to make a vision board presentation. I put the picture on one side and described or mapped out the plan of acheiving it on the other!!

    @Tyrika I am glad you are accomplishing your goals!! Getting them out of your head turns them from a dream into a GOAL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the idea of writing down your goals. It is the ultimate act of faith because "Faith without works is dead!"

    ReplyDelete