Friday, November 27, 2009

A Very FBG Thanksgiving: Community Service in Houston!


Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you had as much of a great time with family and loved ones as I did. As well as an opportunity to give a "FBG THANK YOU!" for everything and everyone in your life you appreciate and love!

I am grateful to be able to be home in Houston for Thanksgiving! On the morning of Thanksgiving, my family has started a tradition of serving those less fortunate before we serve ourselves. I am so glad that service is as important to my family as it is to me! The City of Houston hosts a city wide community service event where they ask for volunteers to come and feed the homeless and give clothes to the needy.

This year we were able to give out clothes and it was great to see those less fortunate pick up shoes, shirts, jackets, long johns, and blankets all donated and neatly arranged by volunteers. Check out some quick pictures I took and enjoy the rest of your vacation!

*SMOOCHES*

A gentleman with his arms full of clothes! Glad he can get what he is in need of.


Just a snippet of the line of people who are in need.


A gentleman picking up some things he is in need of.


The "crew" - family and friends taking a group pic

No comments:

Post a Comment