Sunday, November 1, 2009

Howard University: A Homecoming Like None Other


So I am back.. for real this time... After writing this Homecoming review blog, I can now say I have fully and officially recovered from all that is Howard Homecoming.. from the 9 hour long road trip to DC, to the spontaneous reunions, highly anticipated events, and simply the euphoric feelings of just being back "home" again...

I know one thing..Homecoming surely did not disappoint.



While in DC, I hit up some of my favorite lounges and happy hours, walked down the always live U Street and of course went to.. YARDFEST!

YARDFEST is like HU Alumni Family Reunion! Even though there were a lot of high profile performances like FABULOUS and DC native, WALE, just to name a few, a lot of the alumni are more interested in reuniting with one another than joining in on the FREE concert.

Seeing everyone look their best in their fancy "Yardfest fit" is so important to the omni-fashionable campus and then the reunion continues as everyone gets ready for the night's big event! Whether it was LOVE or The BLACK HOLLYWOOD party, HU young Alumni know how to get party and have a good time.

Seeing as it took me over a week to fully recover, I definitely underestimated how special homecoming is and plan on returning for many years to come.

Even though I am an overall HBCU supporter, there is no place on earth like Howard University! And there is no way you can convince me any different, seriously!

I was able to catch up with some of the dearest people that are in my life and see every body happy and enjoying themselves. There were many times I questioned why I left the DC area, but the answer slowly and surely would come back to me. HOMECOMING is just what its called coming home.. you have to leave the nest to truly show off what HOWARD has taught you and beam that BISON glow on everyone you meet.



I give all my thanks to Howard University, if it wasn't for me attending such a diverse and uplifting school, I would not have the inspiration or courage to start Fabulous Brown Girl! I will continue to make Howard proud and carry the HU pride with me where ever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment