Thursday, September 17, 2009

President Carter is a Wise Old Man...



One thing I know now more than anything is that when an older person sheds some insight, you better take it and hold on to it because 99% of the time that wisdom is something we needed to know.
After the whole Congressman Joe Wilson outburst ridiculousness, former president, Jimmy Carter said the reason for this "intensely demonstrated animosity toward President Barack Obama is based on the fact that he is a black man." He also said there are a bunch of folks who simply can not accept the fact that the president is black.

Now if I do the math, President Carter qualifies as one of those elderly wise men who knows a thing or two about what he is talking about. Unlike President Obama, he no longer has a political career to protect and also unlike Obama, he doesn't have to walk on eggshells to keep other [racist] politicians happy.

Today, the White House said that President Obama does not agree that the unruly outburst was due to racial tension, but because of the strong opposition to his policies... *side eye* ummm.. yea...


I don't know about you, but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... well darn it! you know the rest. If people think that because we now have a black president that there is no longer any racism.. Well I am sorry to be the one to have to break it to you, but that is ABSOLUTELY FALSE. I mean if this was back in Civil War times, I am sure good ol' Joe Wilson would have turned in his succession papers on January 20, 2009 and not a minute later.

Racism is a problem, if not THE BIGGEST problem in America. And in my opinion it is too systemic too cure. I mean I love me some Barack, but if he really thinks that outburst didn't have some degree to do with racism then I don't know what CHANGE we are really believing in...

No comments:

Post a Comment