Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A Little Insight into this FAB BROWN GIRL





First of all. I would like to thank every fabulous person who has given me positive feedback on my new blogging venture. I will try my best to make sure I do y'all proud! I decided to start this blog more so for personal reasons than to gain some type of notoriety or Internet fame. I think that we, as black women, should have this aura within us that screams confidence and empowerment. I am tired of the mainstream culture making brown skin women feel as if we are inadequate and judge us 10 times harder than any other ethnic minority group (i.e. Michelle Obama ). Black women tear each other to pieces and think that they are the "ish" because of all the superficial things that really don't mean anything in the long run. Don't get me wrong I love to have fun (trust me I am a party girl and think every woman should hold their appearance to a certain standard) but I know that that is not EVERYTHING, so I wanted to have an outlet to share some things with you all that might inspire us to hold our heads high because I know it's not easy.


Anywho, I was reading a new blog by some of my friends at TheRoot.com called Their Eyes Were Watching and they had this cute questionnaire to give more insight about who they were and some of the things they enjoyed. Because I loved it so much I decided to "recycle" it and use it for my blog so you can see some of the things I love, like, and can't stand!! Check it out!!


Would you rather watch “I Love New York” or “Flavor of Love”?

I’d rather watch neither, but I have watched both… I apologize, but I didn’t know any better at the time


“Girlfriends,” “Living Single” or “Sex and the City”?

All of the above!


Who was your favorite character on “The Wire”? Why?

Mike aka Tristan Wilds… I think he is dreamy… lol


Which Housewife of Atlanta best describes you?


Probably DeShawn Snow (the only one who was actually a REAL HOUSEWIFE and for that reason alone she was not asked to return to the show… smh)

What TV family best describes yours?

Probably Good Times or Family Matters… lol


What’s your all-time favorite album?

Wow.. that’s hard to answer…I probably would have to choose the late Michael Jackson’s Thriller. His music is timeless and may his genius rest in peace.


If the title of any song could describe you, what would it be?

Video by India.Arie

Duke Ellington or John Coltrane?

Not really a jazz person like that but I’ll go with Duke Ellington

What was the first CD you bought?
TLC’s Crazy, Sexy, Cool (well actually it was the first CD I was given) in like the 3rd or 4th grade

Favorite album of 2009?

So far I really like Keri Hilson's In A Perfect World, she is a great artist to me even though her image is kind of corny to me.. She dresses like all her clothes come from 5-7-9 or something. I also LOVE Trey Songz Mixtape Anticipation

Which artist could sing the soundtrack to your life?

Lauryn Hill or Yolanda Adams

Biggie or Tupac?
Christopher “Notorious BIG” Wallace

Maxwell or D’Angelo?
Maxwell, anybody that knows me knows that he has a piece of my heart

What’s your favorite Spike Lee Joint?

School Daze

Favorite movie of 2009?
Hangover .. Funniest “White” movie ever!!

Favorite movie of all-time?

The Color Purple

Denzel or Poitier?

Poitier because without him their would be no Denzel

Angela Bassett or Halle Berry?
Why not both? (We Black women need to stick together!!)

Boyz n the Hood” or “The Wood”?

Boyz in the Hood

Ossie and Ruby? Or Will and Jada?

Ossie and Ruby (they are the epitome of OLD Black love, not all that new age mess Will and Jada be doing..)

Harlem Renaissance or the Black Arts Movement?

Harlem Renaissance
Favorite book?

The Bible

What are you reading now?

People Power : 12 Power Principles to Enrich Your Business, Career & Personal Networks

1 comment: