Saturday, September 5, 2009

HU Alumni Show Support


On Friday at Howard University a protest took place that shook up the campus on what is known traditionally as "First Friday". With over 350 participating students and staff, a peaceful rally of demands were handed out to the Howard University Administration.


As many people know, Howard is home to many famous alumni. Sean "Diddy" Combs, one of the most famous Howard alumni to date, showed his support of the protest via his Twitter page.


Diddy said...

@iamdiddy Howard Univ. Students I love you! I know I haven't been there enough. But I want to be and I will be! Keep the pressure on! I got your backs


Even 2004 alumn, Lance Gross, most famous for his work with media mogul, Tyler Perry, and the his role as Calvin in "House of Payne" took to his Twitter page to support the HU too!


Lance had this to say...

@LanceGross #HUprotest fellow Howardities, I Got yall back too!!!

It feels great to have all this support from famous Bison. This support shows that no matter what path our live takes us, once a BISON -- always a BISON!! There is something special about that common bond that we all share that will never go anywhere--no matter what!

Although we are all supportive of the protest, I hope the current Howard University student body is realistic with their demands from the Administration. It will not be a good look if all this "negative" press goes in vain!!


No comments:

Post a Comment