Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hair Today... Gone Tommorow



It seems that natural hair talk has gained more and more attention lately. I am happy that more women are embracing their hair the way it is naturally. As a matter of fact, Tyra Banks, TV mogul and former supermodel, is joining in on the natural/real hair kick. She revealed her "real" hair today on her talk show. "Tyra" wanted to show everyone that even though she mainly wears wigs and weaves thats its should only be an option. She is trying to embrace her real hair. She has no problem admitting that she wears fake hair, but she doesn't want other women to think that she is trying to cover up having a lack of hair or that she hates her hair.
As a Fabulous Brown Girl, I am not scared to say that I have dabbled in all kinds of hair styles. I think its great to be able to wear your hair in so many countless styles. From silky straight to big and kinky, I have experimented with pretty much everything that I can think of and I absolutley love all the ways I choose to wear my hair.

I don't care what you do with your hair--have fun with it! Just make sure you take care of your REAL hair and always embrace it. Remember that "good" hair is "healthy" hair. So don't let anyone make you feel that your hair isn't beautiful the way it naturally is.

So what do you think FBG's ? Is wearing weave that big of a deal?
If you haven't had a chance to see her hair revealed take a look at the video...



No comments:

Post a Comment